Model EH (18, 24, & 30) Electric Heaters
FOR USE WITH MODELS ELG (18, 24, & 30) Electric Log Sets BASE
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS AND OWNER'S MANUAL
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, property damage, electric shock, and personal injury.
- Read all instructions before using this heater.
- Make sure you purchased model EH18 for use with an ELG18, EH24 for use with ELG20 or ELG24, or EH30 for use with an ELG30.
- This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes, and curtains, at least 3 feet from the front of the heater and keep them away from the sides and the rear.
- Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children or invalids and whenever the heater is left operating and unattended.
- If a new circuit or outlet is required for this log set, wiring should be done by a qualified electrician.
- Always unplug the heater when not in use.
- Follow all local codes, including the use of ground fault protection, where required.
- Use properly fused outlets.
- Do not modify this heater or use it in any manner not recommended by the manufacturer. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- Do not use this heater outdoors, in bathrooms, laundry rooms, or damp basements, or in any other area where moisture may be present. Never locate the heater where it may fall into a bathtub.
- Do not operate this heater if the power cord is frayed or damaged, if the plug is damaged, or if the heater itself has been dropped or damaged or has malfunctioned. Contact your local dealer or Innohearth.
- Do not run the power cord under carpeting, throw rugs, or runners. Position the cord away from traffic areas so it cannot trip anyone.
- To disconnect the heater, turn controls to off, then remove the plug from the outlet.
- Avoid the use of an extension cord because it may overheat and cause a risk of fire. If an extension cord must be used, it shall be No. 14 AWG minimum size and rated not less than 1875 watts.
- Keep foreign objects and fingers away from the blower inlet and outlet as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the heater.
- To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
- A heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored.
- Unplug the power cord before performing any cleaning or maintenance to the heater or before moving it.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
A 15 Amp, 120 Volt circuit is required. A dedicated circuit is preferred but not essential in all cases. A dedicated circuit will be required if, after installation, the circuit breaker trips or fuse blows on a regular basis when the heater is operating. Additional appliances on the same circuit may exceed the current rating of the circuit breaker.
USE THIS EH24 HEATER ONLY WITH INNOHEARTH'S MODELS ELG-24 AND ELG-20 ELECTRIC LOG SETS. USE THE EH18 AND EH30 HEATERS WITH ELG18 AND ELG30 LOG SETS RESPECTIVELY.
CLEARANCES AND PREPARATION:
For minimum firebox requirements, please refer to the Owner's Manual for your ELG Electric Log Set. Width and depth requirements are the same as for the firebox alone. Minimum height for the heater/log set combination is 18" (2 ½" greater than for the log set alone). Make certain your firebox can accommodate the additional 2 ½" of height before installing the heater.
The heater has "bumps" and/or screws on the bottom to provide clearance to combustible materials. Never set the heater base directly on carpet or other soft material that could contact the heater between these "bumps" or screw heads.
The heater is equipped with a thermal cut-off device to prevent overheating. Adequate air flow through the heater is important for safe operation, the heater must have a minimum of 1" of air space behind the unit and must be free of obstructions for a minimum of 12" in front of the heater outlet.
- Remove the flame strip and logs from the log set (please refer to the Owner's Manual for the ELG Electric log set). If the log set has been fastened to the floor of the firebox, remove the attachment screws. Take the log set out of the firebox.
- Attach the log set to the EH Electric Heater by means of the two screws provided. The log set base will cover the top side of the heater that is open.
- Place the heater/log set combination into the firebox. Center the heater/log set left to right. Replace the flame strip and logs) please refer to the Owner's Manual for the ELG Electric Log Set).
- Plug in the power cord of the heater and test the operation of the heater (see OPERATION below).
The ON/OFF switch is located on the front right of the heater. Both the blower and heating element of the heater are activated by this switch. The switch will light when it is in the ON position. The heater and the log set operate independently. Use the ON/OFF switch of the log set to activate the log set (please refer to the Owner's Manual of the ELG Electric Log Set).
At least once a year, the grill on the back of the heater should be cleaned to remove any accumulated dust or debris.
NOTE: No parts of this heater are serviceable by the user. DO NOT remove the cover of the heater. For repair or replacement, call your local dealer or Innohearth.
The heater is turned on, but neither the blower nor the heating elements operate:
- Check to see that the heater is plugged in and switched on.
- Check the circuit breakers or fuses to see that the electric outlet is active.
- Call your local dealer or Innohearth.
The blower runs, but the air coming out of the heater is not warm:
- Call your local dealer or Innohearth.
The heater operates properly but blows a fuse or trips a circuit breaker on a regular basis:
- Provide a dedicated circuit for the heater.
- Call your local dealer or Innohearth.
Innohearth warrants this heater to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one (1) year.
The warranty period commences from the date of purchase and applies only to the original owner/retail purchaser. This warranty is contingent on the product being properly installed, operated and maintained in accordance with all applicable instructions, standards and codes. Proof of purchase must be provided to make a claim under this warranty.
This warranty covers the cost of replacement part(s) required to restore to proper operating condition. Warranty parts must be obtained through authorized dealers of this product and /or Innohearth, who will provide original factory replacement parts. Failure to use original factory replacement parts voids this warranty. This heater must be installed in accordance with all local and applicable codes and factory instructions. Local codes take precedence in case there is a difference between the instructions and local codes.
This warranty does not apply to parts that are not in original condition due to normal wear and tear, or parts that fail due to the lack of maintenance, or that get damaged as a result of misuse, accidents, improper installation or natural disasters. Travel, diagnostic costs, labor (when applicable), transportation, and all other costs are the responsibility of the owner.
To the full extent allowed by the law of the jurisdiction that governs the sale of this product, this limited express warranty excludes any and all other expressed warranties and limits the duration of any and all implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose to three years on all components from the date of first purchase. Innohearth's liability is hereby limited to the purchase price of the product and Innohearth shall not be liable for any other damages whatsoever including indirect, incidental or consequential damages. We make no other warranties expressed or implied.
We reserve the right to modify the products specifications and the warranty conditions at any time without notice. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.